Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Waiting for you


I was standing drenched,
Drenched in raindrops,
Looking upwards,
Looking for you,
Waiting to be comforted.
Not with a hug or anything,
Only with the consolation,
That you are there for me.
As umbrellas fluttered,
In tandem with the raindrops,
In the mercy of the wind,
I stood still, waiting for you-
Under the umbrella,
He held out for me.
"You are drenched in tears"
He said. I dismissed him-
"These are the raindrops,
Your umbrella cudn't shield me from.".
He said nothing. Just about smiled,
The smile that was heavenly.


I looked upwards again
With still some hope in my eyes
Coz I knew, you would come
The night passed by
By morning I was already tired
Tired of waiting for you
But he was not
Holding his umbrella in onehand
And caressing me with the other
The entire night
For he believed
I would understand him one day

I believed you would come to me one day, God.



Day in and day out
I waited
In the scorching sun
I waited
In the chilling wind
I waited
I waited and waited
You didn't come
But he was there, smiling
Alllll this while



I asked him to leave
I wanted none, other than you
And I feared, I cud fall in love
With someone other than you
He left, with tears
And huge dollops of love
In his still beaming eyes
It was not long
Before I realised

I HAD JUST LOST YOU GOD!

5 comments:

  1. Wow Sudha.. it was a beautiful poem throughout but it was really breathtaking towards the end.. truly mesmerising..

    loved it.

    Deepak

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sir! Coming from you, these words of yours just made my day :)

      Delete
  2. Very Beautiful Sudha. I could truly understand the writing.

    Shai

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I feared, I cud fall in love With someone other than you", those lines are really very well written and you have successfully put emotions.

    Really enjoyed reading whole poem

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Your comment might prove to be just the push needed for me to write more frequently and with a bit more thought and planning. Do take out a minute or two and tell me what you felt about this blog or this post of mine and any suggestions you think might prove to be useful. Your comment is highly awaited...