Saturday, January 1, 2011

2010....an year that has been

an year of unimaginable highs..
an year of unspeakable lows....
an year in which i got understanding n care frm the most unexpected quarters..
an year in which there wer days nt a single soul shared my grief....
an year in which i truly discovered the fire within my belly..
an year in which i was looked down upon for nt appreciating wat others thought was best for me....
an year high on emotions, high on passion..
an year in which i stood by my desire n made it an obsession....
an year in which i took the riskiest decision of my life..
an year in which i was criticised for nt being deserving enough to take the beaten path....
an year in which i got back frnds i had lost all contacts with..
an year in which i lost my best frnd ever....
an year in which my love for him was finally accepted by me..
an year in which i decided he better remain in my fantasies alone{whr he had always been}....
at one moment i truly felt i m Destiny's child{as i often call myself}..
at several others tragedy seemed to b my most unflinching companion....

still however hav been the days..
there's one thing with conviction i can say....
at least m not one of those who knew neither true joy nor heart wrenching sorrow....
i ve seen its extremes,i ve lived life,LIVED in its truest sense....
there wer times i tried,tried but fell down,n then cried..
there wer times i was drowned in the muddle of memories,broke hearts,made enemies....
but there wer also times wen i got up,ran in full steam n was recognised back..
there wer times wen i followed my passion,resisted all sorts of temptation,was loved n respected beyond my imagination....

i thank u God,n not just for the days i shined..
but also for the days i fell down..
also for the days u showed me dat nothing is permanent,not success,not people,not circumstances....
bcoz these very days made me stronger,mor mature,mor comfortable with my most companionable companion-solitude....
these very days made me mor realistic{but i hav to admit m still hopelessly romantic}....
these very days gave me the guts to dream high..
the power to stay away frm the swarm of charm around..
the resillience to stay put wen everybody thought i was over..
the determination not to waver wen nt a soul was there to offer a shoulder....

Indeed 2010 has been remarkable!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Your comment might prove to be just the push needed for me to write more frequently and with a bit more thought and planning. Do take out a minute or two and tell me what you felt about this blog or this post of mine and any suggestions you think might prove to be useful. Your comment is highly awaited...