Monday, December 3, 2012

Is this what is love?


You let me say things I wouldn't to anybody else-
Sometimes delightful nonsense and childlike banter,
Sometimes tales of woe and rage, as catharsis,
And mostly stories that would bore any other mortal;

You make me do things I wouldn't if it weren't for you-
Saying sweet-nothings without feeling awkward,
Being vulnerable, being silly, being sappy,
Doing the very opposite of what I have been known to be like so far.
You make me wonder if it's still the same 'me',
Or being with you has made me,
What I was always afraid to be.
Or simply perhaps, you just allow me to be myself.


10 comments:

  1. A beautiful poem. Very sweet, innocent and full of love.

    Good one Sudha..

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet Sudha,
    Looks like you're really in love :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a lovely poem with lots of innocence brimming in each line :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey that's so nice of you :) Keep breezing past.

      Delete
  4. ...don't love too much....there are a lotta guys out there who tell u wat u wana hear ....so be careful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is that you speaking? Remember your comment on my post 'In love? Not in love?'? :D
      I'm careful with that thing anyways. I won't jump into anything. Don't worry. And drop by more often :)

      Delete
  5. An awesome write Sudha and actually true. If one has experienced, one can easily relate to it!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Your comment might prove to be just the push needed for me to write more frequently and with a bit more thought and planning. Do take out a minute or two and tell me what you felt about this blog or this post of mine and any suggestions you think might prove to be useful. Your comment is highly awaited...